Defogging and deicing of windshields, side-lites and back-lites. Heating of wiper-park glazing area. Antenna wire application.Military
Defogging and deicing of glazing for US military vehicles.Transit
For Rail-car and locomotive glazing, Bus windshields and side windows.Specialty Vehicles
Airport Pushbacks and Service vehicles. Snow machinery.Marine
Heated Work Boat cabin glazing.Aerospace
Embedded Wire Interlayers for Laminated Glazing
- Heated Vision Area
- Heated Wiper Park
- Antenna Wires
Heating laminated glass with interlayers using our embedded wire technology provides several advantages over other glass heating technologies, including optical quality, design flexibility from small to large areas to complex shapes, lower power requirement, heat uniformity and the ability to apply to different substrates.
It is the only heating solution that works effectively at about 4 - 6 Watts / square decimeter using only 12 Volts and allowing more than 95% visible light transmission - suitable for automotive windshields.
- 0.1 - 1.5 Watts / square inch (1.6 - 24 W / dm2)
- 12, 24, 48, 74, 110/240, 380 V and others
- 16 - 44 μm for heated windshields and backlites; and up to 36 AWG for wiper park
- 1.7 - 3.0 mm heated windshields and back-lites
- 3.0 - 6.0 mm for heated wiper-park